Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sharing Food

P5104789.djihxrp8UmXY.jpgOkro stew (spinach, okro, crab, peppers, palm oil...) with rice. Usually okro stew is eaten with banku, but we opted for rice today.

I feel like you can really learn a lot about someone based on the way they eat.

During the month of finals (yes, there is a month long exam period), there are no classes. Thus, my friend Ama would come over just about... everyday, and we would cook! After cooking, we would invite all the girls in the hall to my room and we would all sit on the floor and eat out of a communal bowl. It was really cool. I feel like I bonded on a whole new level with these girls because we would always share our food and eat together. :) Ama would teach us how to make Ghanaian specials and we would, in turn, introduce her and our other friends to s’mores, pancakes, and chinese stir fry! :)

I loveee communal bowls. I think I will try to bring this to the US.

P4304410.eoEErFV7zjMn.jpg
Sharing fried plantains with stew and rice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment